Common Car Accidents
There are a huge number of things that can influence a driver and cause a potential car accident. Today one of the main factors is distracted driving; looking at your phone, turning around to assist a baby or child etc. Speeding and drunk driving are also major factors when it comes to road traffic accidents, causing a huge number of injuries and fatalities every year. Weather can also have an effect, making the roads more unpredictable.
Whatever the reason for your car accident, it is always worth speaking with our team in order to determine whether or not you have a valid claim. Call Rogers Solicitors today to find out.
Keeping Safe in your Car
At Rogers Solicitors, we are always here to offer advice in the event of an accident; however prevention is always better than cure! Keep you, your loved ones and all other road users safe on our roads. It may save lives.
- Forget about your mobile phone when driving. Looking away from the road for even a second can cause a car accident. Those texts / phone calls can be dealt with later. You can always pull in at the next safest place if you really can’t wait.
- This goes without saying, never ever drink and drive. Drinking and driving puts your life and the lives of others at risk.
- Driver fatigue is a really common cause of road traffic accidents. Driving whilst tired can be as dangerous as driving under the influence of drink or drugs, making your concentration and reaction skills lag, so you react slower. Stop and take a quick nap, even having a coffee where possible. Even 15 minutes can help you get there safe and alive.
- Ensure your car is well maintained and checked regularly. People often overlook lights, tyres etc. but these all play a vital part in your safety and the safety of others.
- Slow down. Speeding is a huge factor in car accidents, giving you less time to react should something unexpected happen.