Yes, the more detail the better therefore it’s best to have:
- Registration and insurance details of all vehicles involved in the accident
- The exact location of the accident. It’s important to be as precise as possible
- Take photos of the cause of the crash, along with photos of any injures you have and any damage to your bike
- Find out if there was any CCTV footage that may have been captured of the accident. Also, you should request dashcam footage a nearby vehicle may have
- Report the crash at the closest Gardaí office. You should do this even if the Gardaí decide not to attend the scene.
- Retain all the receipts and prescriptions of any medicine or products you need to buy due to the accident along with invoices of any necessary bike repairs.
- Contact a bike accident claim solicitor as soon as possible after the accident.